Wednesday, 31 December 2008

A year in review!

If you click on the month titles, you can view the blog from that month. Here are some of the highlights of my year.

January
I started the year weighing 26lbs.
I had just returned from Egypt in a 'marine biology' stage. Fish were the focus of drawings and readings.
I started in the Nursery class of a Girls' School.
Marmalade came to live with us.
We had a big family reunion with Äiti's side of the family.
I hand wrote my first book.

February
I went to Scotland.
I drew my first labelled diagram.
I went to the Rainforest and to a local farm.
My favourite toy was a lemon called Lemony.

March
I turned 3!
I went to Seattle for my birthday and had the best party ever. I made lots of friends there and did loads of new things. I added America and Canada to my list of countries.
I wrote lots of stories mainly about Catswell, my imaginary world.

April
I discovered the Rainbow Fairy books.
I went camping and woke up in the snow!
I went to LegoLand and discovered a love of roller coasters.

May
I went to Scotland and helped out on the farm.
I wrote a book about Catswell.
I started swimming lessons.
We got a new tent and I got a new bike. We went camping and cycling!
I watched Daddy do a triathlon.
I discovered Maths!

June
I did a 3km running race with Val and Äiti.
I took part in a school music concert.
I went to LegoLand again!
Auntie Cat came to stay whilst Daddy went to a music festival.
I had Sports Day at school.
I ran discovered French and wrote my first story in French!

July
I did another running race.
I discovered Butterfly World.
I went to France for 2 weeks with Äiti.
I started swimming unaided.
I went into a Caterpillar and Butterfly phase.

August
Lots of maths!
I loved the Olympics.
Tyan came to stay and we had so much fun together.
I discovered maps and map jigsaws.
I went to Scotland and stayed with Granny and Papa, my cousins Gregor and Siena were there as well as Aunty Cat and Uncle Panda.
I went camping again and went to an Otter park.

September
I started Gymnastics.
I went back to school.
I went camping several times.
Harri and Kata came to stay.
I marked 2 years of reading by reading 'War and Peace'.
I was pulled out of school by Äiti and Daddy.

October
I wrote a book about Moose's Day.
I went to a family weekend run by the NAGC and made a felt picture and had fun.
I discovered 'Paint' on the computer and drew lots of colourful pictures.
I went to France again.
I did a 300pc jigsaw!
I had a great day with Iris, my Great Granny.

November
I started at my new school.
I went to the Natural History Museum and loved it.
I went to a fireworks display and hated it.
Lorraine came to stay, we did fun maths together.
I went through a 'reproduction' stage.
I got a new bedroom.
I went to the National Cat Show.
I went into a Multiplication phase.

December
I got lots of new swimming badges.
I started Ballet at school.
I was an Angel in my Christmas play.
I wrote to Father Christmas asking for a baby sister.
I designed my new leotard and then wore it in my Gymnastics display!
I discovered I loved dancing.
Christmas was a lot of fun!

Over the year...
I ended the year weighing 28lbs. I grew out of my 18-24month clothes and went into age 2-3yrs. My feet grew, my hair grew and then I had my first hair cut. My reading age went up by 2.5yrs, my list of countries visited went up to 19, I had one set of antibiotics, I changed schools, I made new friends, I visited new places, I had lots of new experiences and I had lots of fun!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I loved the year in review! What a fantastic way to look back on the year!! My favorite memories were Lemony, the eye diagram, all the France trips, and of course the two times in 2008 I got to see Sophie!

Lorraine

Michelle said...

Okay I am totally stealing this idea for my blog. Thanks!