A video of me going through letters at 15months
18months was the turning point- this is when I started asking Aiti and Daddy to 'put daddy' or 'write cat'. They would write the words I asked onto my magnadoodle or paper. Over the next few months I built my reading words up to 100 (by 21months) and then to 300 by 22 months.
Here is a video of me at 20months doing some words.
I then progressed to reading bits of books or very simple books. Here is a video of me reading 2 books at 23months. As you can see my pronunciation has improved!
My sight vocab grew and grew and then one day, when I was 2y6m I read the words 'Natural History Museum'- they were not sight words and Äiti realised I must be using my phonics and decoding words.
I read my first simple chapter book at 2yr9m....
Fat Puss was fat. He had thin little arms, small flat feet,a very short tail and an amazingly fat tummy.What shall I do thought Fat Puss. I cant swim! Soon Fat Puss found that he didn't need to swim. He was floating. And he rolled and he rolled and he rolled all the way down the hill, right to the bottom. So when FP came to the next hill, he rolled down that too. Yippeee, this is fun he cried. Then FP was happy. He didn't mind that the other cats could do the things that he couldn't because at last he had found an exciting thing that he and only he could do!
I like to read anything from baby cloth books to encyclopedias. I love non-fiction mostly.
Finally here is a very silly (spoof) video of me reading something you may recognise! My reading isn't great here as I found the text very small, so it was hard to follow.
The princess started. Apparently Pierre’s words had touched a sore spot. “Ah, that is just what I say!”she said with her society smile. “I do not understand, I absolutely do not understand why men cannot live
The two weddings were celebrated together on the same day at Otradnoe, which had now come back to life and was flourishing once again. Nickolai duly left for the regiment and entered Paris with it, where he met up yet again with Andrei.
The two weddings were celebrated together on the same day at Otradnoe, which had now come back to life and was flourishing once again. Nickolai duly left for the regiment and entered Paris with it, where he met up yet again with Andrei.
1 comment:
That is a wonderful record of reading progression. Great stuff!
Louisa
Post a Comment