When I was 16months old I went into a friend's classroom, I walked straight over to the kids cubby holes and pointed at the 'Sophie' one. I then slowly started picking up words when Äiti read me stories. I had about 20words that I could read by 17months of age.
The turning point came when I was 18months old. I suddenly asked daddy to "put daddy" on my magnadoodle. He wrote it down for me, so I asked for more words. By 21months I could read 100 words, by 22months I could read 300 words! I increased my sight words on a daily basis just through following what was read to me. I liked Äiti to read with her finger pointing at the words. I was reading purely by sight, I wasn't decoding or using phonics to help me with new words. This happened at 2y6m when I read the words 'Natural History Museum' without pausing! My reading then took off again. I read my first chapter book at 2yr8ms. I like to read anything, but my preference is non-fiction. I like cloth books, board books, picture books, chapter books and encyclopedias!
2 comments:
Wow - she learnt so quickly! The picture of Sophie is very cute, i love her hair!
You are an amazing little girl Sophie and very lucky to be born with a brain that will open up so much of the world to you. You're also very lucky to have been born to parents who have and will support you in your interests.
Post a Comment