Monday, 16 June 2008

Auntie Cat came to stay

On Friday Daddy went away to a music festival near Nottingham. He went with Harri (from Finland) and Noel (Cathryn's boyfriend). Cathryn came to stay with us whilst the 'boys' were banging their heads on something and sleeping in the tent. The picture is of Daddy in the tent listening to his music.

I took Auntie Cat to Marwell Zoo, we had great fun looking at all the different animals. Cat bought me a new baby giraffe which I named 'Marmite'. Cat had also bought me a dolphin, an orca and a white tiger cub which she got when she was on holiday in America. After the zoo we went to Tescos to buy some champagne. Auntie Cat had just got the results of her Masters (I think she'd written a book on muscles and bones) and was very pleased. We also went to the pub and I had a purple juice. We sat outside so I could watch the ducks on the river.

On Sunday we went swimming, had lunch at the pool and then went to Borders. Cat bought me a lovely book about an Otter. I read the first chapter with Äiti at bedtime. I also took Cat up the hill opposite our house, we walked up and then ran down.

Cat went home this morning, I am now waiting for daddy to come home. I think he might be a bit smelly having slept in a tent and banged his head lots! I hope his head isn't too sore.

Here are some funny things I said to Cat this weekend...
Cat was talking about scoring 86% for her Masters (MSc). I told her "100% is a much better score than 86%". Äiti said Cat had done very well but I didn't think so, I like scoring 100% on my games.
I had taken my shoes and socks off in the car so Äiti said that I had to walk barefoot to the house. Cat said "so what do you think of that then, Sophie?" I replied, "actually, I really don't think anything of that".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an excellent weekend! I'm coming back on the 28th with Noel Panda. He liked the drawing of us by the way and it is now on our fridge! Love from Auntie Cat xx

Lorraine said...

I replied, "actually, I really don't think anything of that".

Hee hee hee. This is my favorite comment.