As you'll see in the video, I read very very fast. My mind skips ahead of my mouth so I stumble a little. I am also so much clearer when I speak compared to my reading voice. If you can understand what I am reading then well done! Most of my reading is not from memory as I can point out all words when asked and I can read them in other books. Any words I don't know, I just point and wait to be told! Mummy says I need to slow down my reading pace but I just like to do it!
I went swimming today and had this conversation with mummy over NOT taking my toy caterpillar into the swimming pool:
Me- I want to take Caterpillar in the water
Äiti- No, I'd rather you left him in the locker, do you know why?
Me- He cant go in the water because he would get wet
Äiti- Exactly!
Mummy thought I used the word 'because' very well. I still didn't get to take my caterpillar in the swimming pool though.
Here is the reading translation.. 10 crunching caterpillars in the bright sunshine, one fell asleep so that left... Nine speedy Caterpillars, thought they might be late. one was too slow so that left.. 8 munching caterpillars, all in crunching heaven. one got a tummy ache so that left... 7 clever caterpillars creeping through some sticks. one got stuck so that left...6 singing caterpillars, glad to be alive. one stayed to sing, so that left...5 brave caterpilalrs, going to explore. one got lost so that left..4 daring caterpillars, inching up a tree. one fell off so that left...3 cool caterpillars, splashing in the dew. One got soaked so that left... 2 happy caterpillars, having so much fun. one got tired to that left... 1sad caterpillar, all on his own, when all of a sudden there were10 bright and beautiful, pretty butterflies spreading their wings and flitting through the skies.

1 comment:
Hi. I've posted a comment under another of Sophie's reading videos here, and wanted to write here again, since I can write to you privately. (ie - this is not for posting!) Sophie is an incredible reader. Through the internet I've met a lot of early readers before, but only ONE who has read as early and well as Sophie. You don't want to know the IQ (as tested later) of that one child who read earlier than Sophie. Nor do you want to know the IQ levels of those who read say, 6 or 12 months, later. Trust me. You don't want to know. Not yet.
If you haven't read up about extremely high levels of giftedness all ready www.hogiesgifted.org is a good place to start. The Precocious and Prodigious board could be a source of support for you (it has many btdt parents) though it can get a little controversial over there.
I would be very, very surprised if Sophie doesn't turn out to be profoundly gifted (the ones who read 6-12 months *later* all are). I strongly urge you to read up about profoundly gifted children and to seek others online who have children like yours. The relief that comes from being able to discuss your particular issues and concerns with others (such as not having anyone to discuss things with in RL!) can be immense.
Post a Comment