Friday, 3 August 2007

The old toys are the best

Today I inherited a new toy. My Great Great Grandfather made it for my Opa (Aiti's daddy) when he was a little boy. It is well over 50 years old. I have played with it all afternoon, it has been a garage, a farm, a field, a shop and many other things.
Mummy cleaned it up and I just played! Daddy really likes it as it has been made completely out of wood, there are no flashing lights, it is just simple and fun. Mummy thinks it probably contains rather a lot of lead paint, but seeing as I don't put things in my mouth she isn't worried. I like it because it has part of my name on it...a true family heirloom!
Today at Granny Vals' I also played with Aiti's old toys and read her old books. I also like Uncle Ben's toy monkeys and read his old monkey books.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Fantastic! We don't have anything 50 years old, but we all love our kids playing with toys one generation old - they love them, plus it's fun to see them enjoying something that I can completely remember playing with. For us, that's a lot of very old Little People sets - I like the old ones best!