Friday, 29 May 2009

A recent reading video

Here is a video of me reading a lovely book called 'My Dad's a Birdman' by David Almond. I still mumble a bit and read too fast in places, but I am using lots of expression and intonation now.
...put bread in the toaster, set the table with two plates, two mugs, two knives, milk and butter and jam, then she went to the foot of the stairs. “dad” she shouted “daddy”. No answer.
“dad, time to get up” No answer. “If you don’t get up now, I’ll come up there and ... (dot dot dot)” She stepped heavily onto the first step, then onto the second step. “I’m on my way” she shouted. She heard a grunt and a groan, then nothing. “I’ll count to five. One...two...two and a half...daddy!” There was a muffled shout from upstairs.
There was a crash and another groan, then there he was, in a scruffy dressing gown and holey slippers and his hair all wild and his face all hairy. “Downstairs now” said Lizzie. He stumbled down. “and don’t look at me like that”. “no Lizzie”. She tugged the dressing gown straight on his shoulders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are reading so well. Love Val, Michael and Ben the Dog!