Sunday, 31 May 2009

6 miles!

6 miles...that is how far I rode on my bike today! Äiti and I took our bikes in the car up to a local common/woodland. There was a one mile paved circuit that allowed bikes. We rode our bikes through the woods and past horses. It was lovely, so lovely in fact that I insisted on doing the circuit 6 times! Äiti was rather tired looking by the end!
This week has been half term. After Wales, I had a swim lesson which was fun. I also had 2 play-dates with my friends from my old school. On Friday I announced we should go shopping as there were a few things I needed. I got a new pair of Crocs, some summer PJs, new goggles that don't leak and a new Nintendo DS game called Tigerz. We met Daddy for lunch at a cafe, it was a bit like the cafe in The Tiger Who Came To Tea! Here are my new goggles...


On Saturday we went to Vals and I had a great time. I rode my bike lots, played on the swings, ran round the garden, played with the dog and just enjoyed myself. I build a few Lego models by following the instructions.
This morning we went swimming where I had hopping races with Daddy. After lunch we took back my new Crocs as the strap had broken already. I got new ones. I then went cycling with Äiti. After a long bath Äiti cut a few inches off my hair. I have been complaining of it hurting when brushed so Äiti chopped it...apparently it looks quite straight!

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

Wow! Such a lot of cycling. You must both be very tired, you and your Aiti. Very cute goggles and your hair looks good too! I think your Aiti did a good job on it. I love your Lego snail :) Very good job on that, too!

Lorraine said...

Sophie, tell your mother that she posts such long posts filled with so much information that it's hard to get straight all of the things I want to say. Perhaps she could consider posting more frequent slightly shorter posts. Just sayin'.

Okay, so first - I was going to comment on that very long hair, and now I want to see the haircut! I'm sure it's wonderful. I would never trust myself to do one!

SIX MILES?!?! That is totally astounding. I'm completely amazed!!

Those goggles are pretty hilarious. They still look way to big - any interest in me sending you some nice kid-sized ones? They have great goggles for sale at the places we go around here. Not to sound like a know-it-all :) - if those work, that's great!

Oh, and very nice Lego models!