Tuesday, 26 May 2009

I climbed a mountain!

We had a public holiday here in the UK so we made the most of it and went to Wales. We were meant to go at Easter but I had the Chicken Pox and then my contamination illness so this was our best opportunity.We headed to the southern part of Snowdonia to a place where Äiti used to spend her Easter breaks with her parents. After 5 hours of driving (awful traffic), we found a campsite that boasted "a shower block"! We pitched our tent surrounded by mountains and streams.

On the Saturday we headed to the 'Centre for Alternative Technology'- http://www.cat.org.uk/ It is basically a fully working, living exhibition of alternative technologies. Daddy fell in love with straw bale houses and I fell in love with a SPORK...that will get its own post!

We then stopped by a craft village which I really enjoyed. I even went in a small playground by myself whilst Daddy and Äiti had cake and coffee! After a BBQ, I rode round the campsite on my bike, charged round the tent with a washing up brush and did maths

Photobucket Photobucket

On the Sunday, the weather was good enough to carry out my wish of climbing a mountain. We headed to a place called Dolgogh Falls with fantastic scenery and waterfalls plus the ever so important mountain! I set off like a mountain goat whilst Äiti waddled behind me. The Spork came too! It was quite a tricky climb in some places but I scrambled up. We had a picnic lunch by a stream which I promptly fell in, I didn't mind as it meant I could get naked and prance about! We then started our descent led by me the mountain goat. We had ice cream at the bottom. We then spent the rest of the afternoon recovering whilst I, the mountain goat rode my bike, did more maths and did 'spork' stuff.

Photobucket
On Monday (after 11 hours sleep) we headed off to the Tal-y-llyn railway- Wales' oldest, restored steam railway line. We took the train to a place called Abergynolwyn where we had a lovely pub lunch...I didn't eat it though!

Photobucket
We took the train back to the car and then proceeded to sit in traffic for the next 6 hours to get home! It was an excellent weekend. I had a lot of fun as I love being outdoors and being in a tent. We'll go back again for sure!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I just love everything about this holiday and have booked myself in for the next time!! Sophie's pictures are great and I'm so impressed at her rapidly acquired bike riding skills!