Friday, 1 May 2009

A month of illness

What a month it has been!

Just before Easter I got Chicken Pox. We had to stay in the house for 6 days as I was contagious- it took a long time for my spots to scab over. We missed going camping in Wales as I couldn't give the Pox to anyone.

A week later, I went swimming and got a nasty bug. A child had done a poo in the water just near where I was swimming and diving. Aiti thinks I may have swallowed some of the water and this made me ill as by Wednesday I was getting hot and tired. The next 4 days were horrid, I had a temperature of 103, an eye infection, a sore ear and an upset tummy. I missed lots of school. I went back to school a week later having lost loads of weight.

On Thursday, I came home from school screaming in agony as my ear was so sore. I slept on the sofa and then daddy took me to the doctors. The doctor looked in my ears and said I had an ear infection. I got some yukky tasting yellow medicine which is meant to make me better, it just makes me gag. Yet again, we were meant to be away this weekend, but we have postponed it. I am feeling better now though.

I need to put on some weight as I am now 27lbs which isn't helping my immune system.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

So sorry you have been sick! Hope you eat well for your Aiti and take care of yourself so you can be back in shape to do lots of fun things this summer!