Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Hacking, co-ordinates and snow!

Ok, not really hacking, but Äiti showed me how to write secret messages in code! What does this word say? 3 1 20...it says CAT! We used a simple a=1, b=2, c=3 etc and wrote silly messages to each other! I also discovered co-ordinates so can now plot points on a simple grid.

I got asked a question on my other blog recently. The question was from Louisa who asked if I knew the difference between (10x4)+2 and 10x(4+2). I do know the difference, one makes 42 and the other makes 60!
It has been snowing! After school yesterday we played in the snow for ages. I got dressed up in all my Finnish winter clothing. We then got out my sledge and Äiti dragged me round the village for hours, it was so much fun. I found it very funny when Äiti kept falling over. I was pretending she was the engine of my car and I was driving, every so often my engine crashed! When Äiti got tired of being an engine we built a snow cat together. Unfortunately the snow didn't last long so I didn't get to play in it today

2 comments:

Snuffyisabear said...

You have been having a lot of fun Sophie! I really like your snowcat! Did Aiti recover from being your engine?
Well done on knowing the answer to my question on your other blog. I think it's fun to play with sums like that (though I'm not as quick at it as you are!)
Can I play the code game too?
9, 12 9 11 5, 20 8 5, 19 14 15 23!
Louisa

Lorraine said...

Maybe I'll show Amelia your secret code and she can send you a secret message!