Thursday, 19 February 2009

Half Term!

This week I haven't been at school as it has been half term. I have been so tired that I've spent a lot of time snuggled on the sofa under the duvet. We have made it out though! On Monday I went to Gymnastics as usual and on Tuesday I went swimming and met up with my friend Jessica again. I wasn't very well behaved so had to get out of the pool early. On Wednesday I met up with Kayne. We had a great time together. We went for McDonalds and our free toys played very well together! We then went to the bookshop where we read lots of books together. We then went to the toy shop where our free McDs toys played some more together.

After seeing Kayne, I met Emily for a swim. I wasn't very well behaved again so we had to get out early. Today, I met with Maya at the zoo. I moaned all morning but after lunch (with the threat of leaving early) I cheered up and had lots of fun! The best part was going into the lemur enclosure, the lemurs were running around us and we got so close to them! For the first time in ages I fell asleep in the car and then carried on sleeping when we got home! I really needed that nap!


Tomorrow is going to be an easy day. I am going to have a long bath, then we'll go to the library.

I am really enjoying a series of books called 'The Magic Treehouse'. Each book has about 70pages, I read one about dinosaurs in Borders. It took me 30minutes. I then read another one in the car! Äiti thought I was reading far too quickly so found some comprehension questions about the books online- I got them all right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that lemur enclosure looks so neat! what fun!

and i'm always impressed with sophie's reading. (impressed is an understatement). our girls are nearly four! it's so interesting to see the spectrum of abilities at this age. it would be so fun if they met some day. i think they'd enjoy each other: both are not overly boisterous (socially) and are fond of swimming and cats!

zeia just finished a reading book i found at the expat library. i think it's a first grade reader that was donated by a school or something. it's been pleasant and exciting for us both.

anyhow, thank you for stopping over at my blog. i visit here often, but will post more.
:)

Lorraine said...

Sounds like half-term was just perfect - swimming, friends, and rest. Wonderful on the MTH books. It's so interesting on series that are both UK and US - the UK books seem to be better quality (thicker paper, etc) - the same is true for MTH.

Mariana ATD said...

Fun reads. Yes, I also noticed how different the books look.