Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Swim swim swim!

I had a brilliant swim lesson today! Mrs Hippicampe my swim teacher was so pleased with me. After a bit of a warm up with a woggle (noodle), we moved onto kick practice. I had to kick on my back holding the float, roll over and kick back on my front. Then we did some push and glides, I had to push off the side, swim 2 strokes, breath, swim 2 strokes, breath etc. I was quite quick at this. I then did some diving for treasure- I made lots of splashes but got all the treasure off the third step. Then I had to jump in and swim 5meters to the side on my front, then I had to do the same thing but on my back.

Then, Mrs Hippicampe decided that I could try backstroke with a float all the way up to the other end of the pool (20meters). I did that so she said that I could try for my 20 meters badge. I pushed of the side and did some great backstroke to the other end and that meant I earned my 20 meter badge! I then did some breast stroke practice before it was time to get out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Sophie!

Zeia just started real live swim lessons. (As in, with a teacher that is not mom) but she has a ways to go before she is doing actual, proper strokes. We'd love to see video of Sophie swimming!

We met some kids at our pool today who were visiting Dubai. They did not speak English, but Zeia and the older girl made friends via nonverbal communication (dunking underwater and waving to each other). Anyhow, the girls were from Finland and called there mother "Aiti." Is that where Sophie (and fam) is from?

Lorraine said...

Fantastic swimming little fish!!