Sunday, 25 January 2009

The World's Longest Sum and Haggis!

OK, so it may not be the world's longest sum, but it was my longest sum ever and I did it in under a minute! It wasn't very hard.

Today it is Rabbie Burn's Day. We got to eat haggis, neaps and tatties for dinner tonight. I didn't though, I had fish fingers, numberetti, tatties and a bit of neap. Äiti cooked a lot of food and between us, we ate loads. We were meant to say a poem before stabbing the haggis but I think we forgot, however, I did manage to read the first and last verse earlier. Daddy then read the same bit but in a super Scottish accent. Here is the video....



This last week was a normal week. I had school every morning, I also went to gymnastics, swimming and to the library. I went to play at Emily's house but I was in a funny mood so Äiti took me home early. I got my 60p pocket money on Friday, I counted out 41p for a tube of Smarties in the shop. On Saturday we went to Oxford to see the 'Earth from Above' exhibition. I'd already seen this in Helsinki, Amsterdam and London. The exhibition tours the world so I have been very lucky to see it 4 times. I had the most fun finding all the countries I'd been to on the giant map. After the exhibition we went for coffee and I ate a huge piece of chocolate cake. Here I am heading onto Canada which is where I went last year.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I love the massive rainbow coloured sum! And I'm eager to hear many more Scottish poems....um, as soon as possible...