Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Another swimming certificate!

I got my level 2 badge today! I have made loads of progress in the last few weeks. My arms are now completely straight when doing backstroke. For my badge today I had to push off the side on my back, swim half way, then flip onto my front and do front crawl back to the side. I also had to hold a push into starfish float for a long time! Mrs Hippicampe (my swim teacher) asked me to do a mushroom float too..I thought I looked like a floating poo! I also had to jump in as far as I could, surface and then swim back to the side. I practiced my breaststroke too, I am very good at breaststroke arms and breaststroke legs...but not together!

I'm not sure what I have to do for level 3, but Äiti thinks it will be a while before I get that. What I would like are some rainbow badges (distance swims). I can swim 2 lengths (50 meters) of doggy paddle but this isn't allowed for distance badges.

Today I also started doing some simple double digit addition in my head. I seem to picture sums like 32+12 in my head and work out the answer!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is great! You are making wonderful progress.

Lorraine said...

Fantastic progress on swim! We have a pretty good under-5 virtual swim team going :)

Snuffyisabear said...

Wow Sophie, you are getting really good at swimming! Have you moved up a class or does Mrs Hippocampe teach everyone together?
Louisa and Sylvie