Tuesday, 15 May 2007

Granny and Papa came to visit

For the past few days my granny and Papa have been visiting. They are my daddy's äiti and daddy. We took them to a place called Hauho where we'd hired a summer cottage. We had sauna that I wasn't keen on as "it was very comfy, it was too hot for me". We also had grilli (BBQ) and lots of walks in the forest. Papa is a very keen bird watcher so he spotted lots of new Finnish birds. I helped him feed the sea gulls. We also went to the zoo where I showed them all the animals. On Monday night we went out for a very good dinner. I ate Linguine Puttanesca and some of daddy's pizza, it was very yummy. I sat very nicely for the whole meal. On Tuesday I showed them the indoor play center, I showed Papa how to go down the very big slide. I had a great time with them. I showed them how I could read, how I could play Uno and Memo, I played on the computer and did lots of pretend play.

I refused to say Granny or Papa though. The more they asked me to, the more I refused. I called them 'the others', 'this one', 'that one' and 'thing'. I said at one point 'I want to read a book to Thing'!. I'm not a fan of saying any ones name. Mummy thinks it is a Finnish thing!

Here are some photos of our long weekend with Granny and Papa....Papa will send me some more soon. The first photo is taken from a big tower we climbed up in Aulanko Park, the other photo is of me eating olives in a bar whilst the others had a pre-dinner drink.



No comments: