Monday, 11 August 2008

The Olympics

I love the Olympics! I watched the opening ceremony with my atlas and my Europe/flag jigsaw. I loved looking at where the countries were on the map. So far, I have watched some gymnastics, I joined in with the gymnastics. I've also watched rowing, sailing, badminton, swimming, diving, cycling and archery. It has all been very exciting. I have even made score cards for everyone in the house!
Apart from watching the Olympics I had a good weekend. I went swimming on Sunday. I can swim a bit further than last week without my woggle. My confidence is improving all the time in the water. I went to our village pub for lunch after swimming, I ate fish-fingers, chips and beans. I even asked for the ketchup myself.
Today I watched 'Olympic Breakfast' on the TV, we won some medals in the swimming. After an early lunch I went to a gymnastic class. It was excellent so I am going back tomorrow. Äiti said she might sign me up for a weekly class if I want to. The gym was very much like my old one in Finland. I got to go on the beam, the bars, the vault and play in the big cheeses (foam pit). It was good fun. I think I might like a purple leotard with sparkly bits on...a bit like the GB gymnasts' leotards.
On the way home we stopped at HobbyCraft where I got some more Hama beads. I spent the afternoon making a mobile. Äiti made the trees and put the mobile together but I did the rest. It took ages as the beads were tiny. Here it is....

2 comments:

Mariana ATD said...

It is great that Sophie will start gymnastics again. I remember the videos from Finland; she was so confident.

I also love the mobile idea. We might steal that idea from you!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful Hama mobile! Amelia loves those too.

I want a swimming video!