Wednesday, 27 August 2008

I swam 2 lengths of the pool!

I announced today at the pool that I was going to swim to the other end....so I did! I swam mainly on my back, every so often I would flip onto my tummy and say 'nearly there', then I'd flip back onto my back and carry on. When I got to the other end, I climbed out, jumped back in and headed back down the pool! I then swam from the edge of the pool to the side under water. I was so proud of myself for swimming 50 meters that I even told daddy on the phone! I was very tired after swimming all that way so fell asleep in the car coming home.


Here are a few pictures. The first is of a 'thermoruler' that I made- it measures temperature and spaces! The next photo is of an 'EyePad'- Äiti can wear it when she listens to her iPod...I'm very funny, aren't I?! I drew a few questions for myself the other day, I had to circle the right answer (and X the wrong one). The picture is of a bowl and I had to decide if it was wide or low. I can't remember what the pink line is! The last picture is of a bee collecting nectar from the flower.


I have made a lovely shell collage with all the shells I collected in Scotland but it is drying still!

Lastly- my feet are finally growing! I have been the same size shoe for the last 18months. Äiti takes me every few weeks to check my shoes and today.... my feet were bigger! I am now a size 7E!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

The swimming feat is simply amazing! My guess is the Olympics didn't hurt! Way to go Sophie. Flipping from front to back is such a great skill to have, and takes many kids a long time to learn!!

Anonymous said...

Very impressed with your swimming Sophie! Sounds like it won't be long before you can accompany your Aiti in triathalons! It looks like you have had a fantastic, and very busy, summer.
Louisa and Sylvie