This week I have been having swimming lessons. I started on Tuesday in 'Beginners Level 1'. There were 4 other children in my group, some were excellent swimmers and some weren't (like me)! We started off on Tuesday with some stretching exercises. Then we got in the water, sat on the steps and did some kicking. I splashed really well. We were then given woggles (long tubey things that have a million different names). We had to swim 5 meters, turn around and then swim back to the steps. I did this quite well. We repeated this several times and then we had to swim on our backs- I couldn't stop laughing whilst doing this and ended up going round in circles. We then had to practise getting in the pool safely. I did this well. We then did some jumps and bubble blowing. Then we had to do some swimming without woggles or floats- I tried very hard not to drown and swam a bit. I didn't like the water in my eyes. Then it was the end of the lesson. I named my teacher 'Mrs Irritating' for reasons only known to myself! Her real name is Lorraine.
Wednesday's lesson was much the same. We got given a quoit that we had to drop in the water. We then had to retrieve the quoit by diving down. I didn't! I used my feet and balanced on one leg and used my feet to retrieve my ring! Mrs Irritating laughed at me, so I did it again!
Today's lesson went well. I swam a bit further without any floats. I kept shouting to Äiti (sitting by the side of pool) that I was a Turkish Van cat or a clown fish or an otter. I pushed off the wall today quite well too and jumped in confidently. After my lesson today I met my friend from school and we swam together for an hour.
Tomorrow is my last lesson, I wonder what Mrs Irritating will ask us to do.
2 comments:
Wait a second. You've fully replaced us now. Sophie has a great friend named Amelia and her evil swim teacher is named Lorraine.
Way to go Sophie on the swimming! Sounds like you're doing wonderfully!
What amazingly rapid progress! WTG Sophie!
Post a Comment