Monday, 5 May 2008

A fun weekend away in Scotland


We have just got home from an excellent weekend up in Scotland. We flew up to Aberdeen and then drove a long time to get to Susan and Stuart's house. Daddy and Stuart have known each other since University. Susan and Stuart have a lovely huge house up near MacDuff (and yes, it does have a brewery for all the Simpson fans). We landed at Aberdeen and Stuart picked us up in his Jaguar car. I was so excited to go in a car named after an animal!

Once we got the their house we had a guided tour of the house. Next we went and looked round the garden. Stuart and Susan have an amazing garden and I loved running through it. I liked the fish pond even though I couldn't see any fish. I also loved the chickens that they have. We had a look at the paddock and the outhouses. There is a holiday cottage that they rent out.
On Saturday I fed the chickens, collected the eggs and ran round the garden. We went for a long play on the beach and then to a castle for some lunch. When we got back to the house everyone did some gardening. I helped build a bonfire. Watching the fire was a lot of fun, I was quite fascinated with the flames! I also helped plant and water some new bushes.

On Sunday I fed the chickens and collected the eggs again. We then went to the MacDuff Aquarium which was very good. I liked the Cod fish! Then we went to a different beach where I collected loads of beach stuff. I wanted to make a collage of a coral reef. After a lunch of fresh eggs we played in the garden again. I helped water some plants, make another bonfire, collected snails and grass to feed to the chickens and played with the dogs.
Today we went for a walk, but I was a bit slow, so I found some feathers and pretended to fly instead! We then drove to the airport, on the way we got a puncture. Daddy and Stuart changed the tyre very quickly and then we got on our plane and flew home to see the cats. We had such a fun weekend and I really enjoyed myself.
Here are a few photos of my weekend!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Ooh, I just love Scotland! Gorgeous photos :) Love the one of Sophie lugging the wheelbarrow, so cute! Checked in on your blog since I haven't seen you online or on the board for a while. Glad to see you've been having fun over there. Sigh... Scotland.. I just wish we could go back there for a visit one day...

:) Minni

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophie

We would love you to move to Scotland.

So! Say this to Daddy. I want to move to Scotland. I want to live in Dunbar with Daisy.

Huge hugs Sophie, see you soon - what game are you playing on your DS lite?

Julia xx

(I am sure Daisy will comment tomorrow - she is asleep at the moment)

Lorraine said...

You must print out that wheelbarrow picture! It's really a classic. Sounds like (no surprise) farm life appeals to Sophie.