Friday, 23 October 2009

Reading together

Sophie:
One of the first things I want to teach Theo is reading. I feel it is very important he learns to read as Daddy, Äiti and I all can. Äiti says he might not want to learn yet, but why wouldn't he? Äiti would like him to love books but I think he needs to learn to read. Here I am sharing a book with Theo.
Click the little arrow in the bottom left hand corner, not the one in the top left.



That’s not my dinosaur
That’s not my dinosaur, its tail is too fluffy....its tail is too
fuzzy!
That’s not my dinosaur, its teeth are too bumpy
That’s not my dinosaur, its flippers are too slippery
Feel! Do you want a feel? Want a feel Theo?
Bless you!
That’s not my dinosaur, its horns are too rough
That’s my dinosaur, its spines are so soft. They are Theo. Do you want to feel Theo?
Put your hand on that one.
He just stuck his tongue out
They’re very soft aren’t they? Yeah ,they are Theo!


Theo:
Waaa wahhh, gurgle gurgle!

1 comment:

Cat from New Zealand said...

Sophie, I bet Theo will be reading before too long. Just keep sharing those books with him, and he'll pick it up before you know it!