Thursday, 22 October 2009

My book about our dinosaur hunt!

Sophie:
Today we went on a dinosaur hunt. Äiti, Theo and I went to the river in the hope of spotting the dinosaurs...and we did! I spotted some tracks first that a herd of Utahraptors had made. We went down to the river where I paddled in the shallow water. I saw Elasmosaurus swim past me which was rather exciting. We then wandered further along the river bank. In the far distance we saw a clump of trees with a head like figure looming over the top of the trees- it was Brachiosaurus. We looked for trees that had been eaten by the herbivores. I picked some grass in case Stegosaurus came past. In the distance we heard the roar of T-Rex (or Van-osaurus as Äiti said). We kept low in case we were spotted. Äiti thought she saw sheep but they were in fact a herd of Edmontosaurus. We didn't get too close. We walked down a path way that was filled with puddles- puddles of dinosaur wee! Of course, I had to jump in the puddles to check it was dinosaur wee. Diplodocus and his family had walked down the path earlier as the puddles were huge. In the sky we saw Pterodactyls flying over head, they were huge and noisy. I then led the way out of the woodland and back into the village.

Here is my book:





No comments: