Tiger and Marmalade went missing last week. Here is the story from Äiti.
On Saturday we fed the cats as usual, then went about our day. We left both cats sleeping. When we returned home they weren't about but we saw this as normal. On Sunday morning we realised they hadn't been home as their food was untouched. By Sunday evening they both hadn't come home so J went round the village calling their names. No luck. We assumed they'd gotten themselves locked in a garden shed or garage and that someone would hear them.
On Monday I waddled round the village calling for them, I spoke with our Postman to look out for them. Nothing. Monday night, whilst J is out looking for them, the cat flap/door bangs and Tiger comes in. He collapses on the kitchen floor looking awful- so thin and weak. I feed him some ham, cat food and water. He manages to walk to the playmat and sleeps. I give him lots of cat strokes. We make a bed up for him, put out water and biscuits by his basket and hope that he is just hungry.
On Tuesday I phone the vet as he cannot walk at all, he looks sooo thin. I feed him ham and give him water every hour but the strength does not return. We speak to the vet who says to bring him in. She phones later that evening to say that she thinks he has been run over and is very lucky to be alive. She says she'll xray the next morning when the ham is out his system.
Wednesday, the vet phones to say Tiger has had an operation. He had a severe hernia which left all his innards mashed and hanging out. She had rearranged his organs and stitched him back up. He is put on 'cage rest' and observations. The vet says he can come home after the weekend. He has a lot of internal bruising as well as external bruising and cuts. The smae day, I put up posters all round the village of Marmalade. My friends in the village post Marmalade's photo on Facebook and spread the word!
On Thursday I put up more posters. A lady phones and tells me that her neighbour has just buried an orange cat that she'd found run over on the main road. I go and visit the lady- it wasn't Marmalade. I decide that Marmalade is probably in a shed and that seeing as most people garden on the weekend, he'll be home by sunday.
On Friday I put another poster up in the village pub...tis a popular place on a Friday night! That night I dream I am stoking a cat. I roll over and fully believe I am hullicinating. I wake J and say "am I dreaming or is there a cat on the bed". He confirms that the pile of orange purring fur is in fact Marmalade! He is hungry but his fur is in great condition. He is clean, healthy looking and very pleased to be home. He doesn't look like a starved cat. He spends the night under the quilt with me. Today he has been a bit jumpy but so friendly and happy. He has eaten a bit more than usual but is fine. Sophie is delighted to see him.
Tiger is now home with a large scar on his belly. He is very hungry, thin and shakey...but back home with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment