Thursday, 3 September 2009

My First Day of BIG School!

Today, not only was it my 'half birthday' but it was also my first day of big school. Daddy woke me up at 7am, I leaped out of bed and put on my shirt, jumper, pants, socks and skirt. I was ready before Äiti! I then went downstairs and ate my breakfast (marmite on toast) and drank my milk very quickly. I then had my hair brushed, teeth cleaned, face wiped, put my shoes and hat on...and it was still only 7.30am! I got to play for a while before badgering Äiti to take me to school. We drove to school, parked at the supermarket and then walked to the school.
My friends A, G and L ran over to me in the playground and whisked me off to play. We went into the classroom so I could hang my bag up. We then chased each other outside. I tried to get Ms L (the Head) to play with us. The bell rang at 8.40am, we lined up and then went into class. Mrs R (my teacher) had some activities set up and she talked a bit to our Äitis. Äiti then went home. I got to do lots of things like drawing, French, library and playing. I had 3 outdoor plays today- this was the first thing I told Äiti in the car! I also did some writing for Mrs R. I wrote nearly 3 pages about my summer holiday including "Aiti has a baby Thingy in her tummy. I cant remember what week we are on. Here is a pitchure (sic) of Thingy. I wonder if Thingy will really have purple hair". I'd drawn Thingy with purple hair! Mrs R thought this was very funny and gave me a sticker with a brachiosaurus on it! I bounced out of school at 3.30pm! I had a great day.

Here are two photos of me from a while ago. The first is me starting in the Nursery class of my current school last November (3yr7ms). The other photo is of me starting my old school when I was 2y10ms.





My uniform is changing soon. I will have to wear a purple v-neck jumper with the school badge, a purple/blue/yellow tie, grey tights and a royal blue coat.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I am SO glad it was such a wonderful first day! We must get the girls together again soon so they can compare notes. Sophie can give Amelia social advice as Amelia is having a hard time breaking into a strong group of established friendships!