
In about a month, Thingy will arrive and I am so excited!
Every morning I have to have a cuddle with Äiti and then I have to kiss, cuddle and tickle Thingy. I'm sure Thingy knows it is me tickling as I always get kicked. Äiti and Daddy have never suggested I cuddle Thingy so I just took it upon myself to do so!
If I see a newborn or hear a baby cry, I have to run to Äiti's tummy and more often that not, lift up her t-shirt and give Thingy a cuddle. If Thingy ever gets the hiccups then I pat Äiti's tummy and say "it's ok Thingy, I get hiccups too, they will go soon". I really love Thingy already.
I have decided that if Thingy wakes in the night I will go downstairs, get some milk, pour it into a cup, feed it to Thingy, then take us both back upstairs and cuddle each other back to sleep. Äiti said something like "if only". I have been put in charge of choosing nappies (diapers). I have chosen a bright red one and a tiger print one so far. I've also picked out a few items that Thingy can wear, plus a car seat and a buggy (stroller). I keep looking through parenting magazines looking for super bright baby clothes but they are hard to find. I like looking at pregnancy magazines, I can then tell Äiti all the things she is not allowed to do or eat! I also circle lots of items to buy in the magazines!
I have plans on what I'm going to teach Thingy- reading is the most important, then talking, then numbers, colours, how to walk, crawl and all the other things babies like to do. I'd like Thingy to sleep in my room to begin with but I'm going to have to wait until he/she can sleep through the night. I've given Thingy some of my old books, plus picked out some new ones.
Have I mentioned that I'm just so excited and cannot wait until September!
1 comment:
Yay! We are excited for you, Aiti and Thingy too! September is going to be great.
~Maria and Esme
Post a Comment