Tuesday, 17 March 2009

A wee trip to Scotland!


I had a great weekend in Scotland. We flew up on Thursday evening and went to our apartment which was on the Royal Mile. Our friends, Harri and Kata from Finland were also staying with us, it was fun to see them again. On Friday we had breakfast in a little tea shop under our apartment, then we started walking! 6 miles later we had seen loads and were exhausted! I saw the whole of the Royal Mile, the castle, Princes Street, Rose Street, the Grassmarket, Cowgate, a park and lots of kilts! I bought a purple kilt because I wanted to look like daddy!

Granny and Papa arrived late afternoon so we had dinner with them. I slept very well that night. Auntie Cathryn and Noel arrived that evening but I didn't see them as I was already asleep.

On Saturday, after we put on our kilts, we went to the tea shop again and had another big breakfast. Harri and Kata went to walk up Arthur's Seat whilst daddy marched into town to pick up some rugby tickets. I met daddy in Starbucks. I then had lunch with Granny and Papa, Cathryn and Noel, Daddy and Aiti and Mike (Papa's friend). We then all walked back to the apartment where everyone watched the Welsh rugby game. Daddy and all his family, and Harri and Kata then all went to Murray field to watch Scotland get beaten by Ireland. I couldn't see Daddy in the stands. Granny and Papa then babysat me whilst everyone went out for dinner.

On Sunday we went to a different place for another huge breakfast, then we walked into town. I went to the National Portrait Gallery with Aiti and Kata. It was then time for Harri and Kata to fly back to Finland. I then walked back to our apartment to watch England play France on the TV. After that we went to a Turkish restaurant for dinner.
On Monday, everyone went home, but we had a while to wait as our flight was in the afternoon. We tidied the apartment, had another breakfast and then went back to town. I read a lot of books in Waterstones, then it was lunch and then we got the bus to the airport.

We walked miles and miles over the weekend and saw lots. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: