I've had a busy weekend. On Saturday I went to a new country called Wales- I only went for an hour but I still walked on Welsh ground! We then went to IKEA to buy some new bedroom furniture for me as I am swapping rooms with daddy's office. We came away with nothing except a big crab (bought with my sticker reward chart points) and some fish mats!
On Saturday evening it was Bonfire Night so we went to a display to watch the fireworks. I was very excited as I'd seen some fireworks out of the window earlier in the week. It was raining hard but I was quite dry until someone spilt a whole pint of beer into the hood of my new jacket. The beer ran down my neck and back, it was horrible and I cried. Then the fireworks started and I screamed. We watched them from the car, they were very pretty but I didn't like the noise.
On Sunday we all went swimming at a pool near my school. I wore my goggles again and tried to dive down to the bottom of the pool to get my 'sinking seals'. I managed a forward roll in the water which is a new thing for me. I also swam two lengths (50meters) of the pool because daddy did! In the afternoon Äiti went to meet her friend Lorraine who was over from Seattle, she got back very late! I went to the Rainforest with daddy and saw all the plants and animals. Daddy and I made a butterfly mosaic in the evening.
Last week I went to my new school 3 times, I am having a lot of fun and really enjoying it. I like both my Nursery and Year 1 class. I have been getting reading books to read at home and sometimes I get some maths to do. I love getting work to do.
1 comment:
You have been busy Sophie! I'm not surprised you cried at having a pint of beer poured down your back, I would be upset too! Sylvie watched fireworks from behind windows last year like you, but she didn't mind the noise this year.
Well done on your swimming! You are getting good. I hope the sinking seals had a good time at the pool.
Louisa
Post a Comment