Wednesday, 21 March 2007

Sophie's World

Yesterday I got a free present with my magazine subscription (National Geographic Kids). My present was a blow up globe. Mummy blew it up and gave it to me to kick around, I decided to study it instead. Straight away I found Europe and pointed out Finland, UK (as Granny Val lives there), Ireland (as I went there on an airplane) and Germany and Sweden (Daddy worked there recently). Mummy and daddy were a little amazed.


I also spotted that the white on a globe is snow, the yellow is sand, and the green and blue are trees and sea. I showed daddy where penguins live too, they live in the cold snow so they live at the bottom of the globe.


As we came out the house today I said "There might be a rainbow in the sky", mummy looked at me and asked " how do you know that?", I replied "it is sunny and raining". Mummy thanked me for her small meteorological lesson!
Here is a rainbow I drew the other day. The sun is very faint, the brown dots are rain and the sky is purple like the sunset I saw the other day. I did this by myself without any input from mummy or daddy.

No comments: