Thursday, 11 February 2010

Sophie-isms!

I was asked this question in an email. For those that know me well, they'll know that I do not like answering questions. I normally answer with one or two words, so this is an unusual response from me.

Ä: Sophie, Asia has asked a question, do you want to answer it?
Sophie: Catty's äiti? OK
Ä: You have to give more than a one word answer though
Sophie: hmmm
Ä: Tell me something that happened a long, long time ago
Sophie: (deep breath, long pause) The Dinosaurs...that's my favourite answer. And also mammoths, sabre tooth tigers and giant hyenas and giant beavers. Steggie was a herbivore and I like him because of the spikes on his tail and the plates on his back.
One day a meteorite crashed into earth and made the dinosaurs extinct. Extinct means there are no more of them in case Catty doesn't know what extinct means. There were reindeer in the ice-age and wooly mammoths. The wooly mammoths died but the reindeer survived. They were in the ice-age and now some live in the arctic areas. So the reindeers didn't become extinct.
Ä: (just because she had to) So, tell me about giant beavers
Sophie: They looked like real beavers today but they lived in the ice-age. (dramatic pause)...and....they were the size of BEARS!

Text messages with Daddy...
Sophie: Hi Daddy. Did you even have breakfast today? Love Sophie
Daddy: Hello Sophie. I'm having some porridge soon. Would you like some? Love Daddy
Sophie: Oi you. I do not like porridge. Love Sophie xxxxxxx

To Theo
"Theo, what is 3-4? Come on Theo, don't you know"
Theo stares lovingly at me
I then answer for him in a high pitched voice
"I think the answer is 5"
"No Theo it isn't 5, why did you say that?"
Answering for Theo again
"I couldn't be bothered to work the answer out"

To Äiti
"Äiti, I really really like your jumper...actually it is a cardigan...or is it a fleece. Oh I don't know. I also really really like your socks...actually I haven't seen your socks today but I think they are probably very nice"

In assembly
My class were standing in front of the school and presenting our models. My teacher asks
"Now Sophie, would you like to tell everyone another person that helps us"
"No!" I said.

At dinner:
"Can you listen to me, I actually have a sensible idea"

Daddy: Do you want to go to Waterstones and get a new book?
Me: mumble mumble
Daddy: Was that a yes or a no?
Me: Well, if it sounded like a yes, then it has to be a yes

Ä: so did you do anything new at school today
Me: Miss M introduced a new di-graph
Ä: oh really..and that would be.....
Me: ch to go with the sh di-graph, it's just makes a phoneme
Ä: uh huh!

No comments: