I'm so so proud of myself and this is why...
For the last 8 weeks I have been doing an online maths program along with hundreds of other kids across the US and UK. I get sent 2 exercises a week to complete. I did 1st Grade (P2) and 2nd Grade (P3) so had 4 exercises a week to do. I loved doing these sums so much that I even asked Äiti to find me an internet cafe in France so I could complete my maths whilst on holiday.
Well today, the final scores came through. Here are my scores:
Grade 1-
Total score 320
Top score- 320
Average score- 158
My score- 314
97%ile overall- I made the top 5 for speed and 8th place for my score!
Grade 2-
Total Score- 320
Top score- 312
Average- 116
My score- 256
89.5%ile overall
As the maths program was American there were a few questions about money and they used words like Dime and Nickle. I have no idea what these are so I got the questions wrong.
Some of the questions looked like this:
1. On Wednesday 179 books got checked out the school library. On Thursday 108 books were checked out and on Friday, 115 books were checked out. How many books were checked out on those 3 days? I got this right as I just added all the numbers together.
2. If one side of a hexagon is 7ins long, what is the perimeter of the hexagon? I got this right as I just did 7 x 6 as a hexagon has 6 sides.
I also had to answer questions on fractions, thermometers, congruent shapes, symmetry, number families and measures. It was a lot of fun and I now want to do the next program which starts very soon.
I'm very pleased with myself and have asked a few times to see my name on the 'Honor Roll'!
1 comment:
Go, Sophie!! Amazing math work!
Post a Comment