Wednesday, 17 June 2009

The dog show!

Today we hosted a dog show! Yes, our postage stamp sized garden housed 10 dogs of different breeds, there were competitions and rosettes to be won!

Today I spent the whole afternoon designing and making a dog show for my 'pet' dog Woofy and all Woofy's invisible friends!
Woofy is an Orange Golden Terrier! Woofy has been with us for a few weeks now. He has been trained, dragged round the garden, made to sit, heel, come and roll over. Sometimes he is naughty so he gets tied up next to the washing line where he often pees! Every so often Woofy is allowed in the house but he isn't permitted to jump up! Woofy was in general quite a good dog until he was badly behaved one day so I sold him to Aiti, but I still train him. He is groomed regularly and washed daily!
Here is Woofy with me:



Today was the dog show. Woofy was dressed up in his finery- PostIt stamps, a few bracelets and a hair band. He'd been washed a few days ago. He looked great. He was parked in the garden to wait for his friends. Meanwhile I was designing rosettes and medals. I then drew a chalk map on the wall, wrote Dog Show on the patio and was then ready!
Here is Woofy waiting for his show, he looks good, doesn't he?!



I had asked Aiti to make a list of some of the dogs that were due to arrive:



The dogs arrived one by one and were ticked off the list. They then participated in various competitions where they got to win their prizes:



Several hours later, Woofy fell asleep by the washing line having won the 'most fabulous dog' prize. His friends had gone home and all was quiet again in the garden!

No comments: