Sunday, 28 June 2009

Camping in the Forest

We went camping this weekend. On Friday we drove down to the New Forest to a campsite we'd seen last year. We had dinner in Prezzos on the way down, it was really yummy and I ate loads. We then went to our campsite which was enormous. It was a basic campsite with toilets and showers and not a lot else. We pitched our tent in between the trees of the forest which was excellent. I found a few sticks and played with them for ages whilst Äiti and Daddy put up the tent, I also rode my bike a bit.

On Saturday we woke up at 9am and as we walked to the toilet block we saw a wild pony walking between the tents! As we ate breakfast several horses walked past us and then one tried to eat my breakfast, then it tried to eat Daddy's food. Daddy had to wrestle with the horse for a long time...Äiti took photos, I was a bit scared! Eventually a Ranger came and told us to spray the horse with water, we did, so the horse then decided to go in our tent!

I then rode my bike after the horses had gone and then we decided to go to the beach. We sat on a stony beach and ate ice-creams, I then threw stones into the sea which was fun. We had a BBQ for dinner...daddy was on horse watch! I then went exploring with daddy in the forest, we found dens, ditches and lots more sticks!

On Sunday we woke up late again and then had breakfast. Again Daddy was armed with a water bottle just in case, but no horses visited us as they were hanging round the toilet block and stealing other breakfasts! I then started writing a book whilst Äiti and Daddy dismantled the tent. On our way out we saw lots of cows wandering through the campsite which was funny.

I had a lovely weekend. I played with lots of sticks and stones, biked around the campsite, saw horses and cows, went to the beach and had lots of fun.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Daddy has a bit of a history wrestling with horses! When he was just tiny Papa took him to see a horse and it bit Papa's cardigan!

Love Auntie Cat