Äiti wrote this for her internet board:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At 7am the alarm rang and there was no sign of Sophie. John went in and tried to wake her but she was like a teenager after a very late night. She rolled over, moaned and groaned but eventually got out of bed. She got herself dressed and came down for breakfast. She choose Coco-Pops- the half bowl took half an hour to eat as she day-dreamed, talked to her toy cats and stared into space. After a cup of milk I did her teeth, wiped her face, brushed her hair and then she went to play for a bit.
She then realised that she hadn’t had her early morning bonding session with ‘Thingy’ so whipped up my t-shirt and tickled my tummy until ‘Thingy’ reacted!
At 8.15am we got in the car and drove to school. Sophie wrote another chapter of her book on the way. She refused to get out the car until she’d written the last sentence. We parked a short walk away from the school so she could scoot in...but we’d forgotten the scooter so we walked.
I unpacked her backpack and Sophie went into the playground to play horses with her friends. I went grocery shopping...oh joy!
I picked Sophie up at 1.30pm. We drove into a nearby town to buy a new paddling pool (her usual Tuesday swimming lesson was cancelled). On the way Sophie talked about school and wrote another chapter of her book. At school they’d played outside a lot, played with the bubbles- they have a bubble machine that the teachers turn on and the kids chase the bubbles for hours! She’d also had a French lesson with a new teacher, assembly, made a card for the Headteacher and had lunch. She wasn’t impressed with lunch (ham salad plus bits) and was rather annoyed by the pudding. “It was jam tarts and I don’t like jam tarts as I had one in Starbucks in February and it was quite yucky so I knew this would be yucky too”.
We parked at a shop, Sophie then asked me to read her book so far. I did, but I got some of the intonation wrong, so she had a screaming fit at me. I warned her that any more behaviour like that would mean we went elsewhere. So she yelled and kicked “I don’t love you anymore” so I turned the engine back on and we drove away...cue sobbing! We parked at the retail park and went to 4 different shops- every shop had sold out of paddling pools so we came home empty handed.
On the drive home Sophie announced she knew some sign language- this is very new to me so she proceeded to show me 10 different signs. I have no idea if she’d made them up or not!
Back at home we went in the garden. It is scorching here right now- 85F in the garden so we played in the shade. Sophie took her paint pens out and painted pictures, then she played with Woofy the orange space-hopper dog! I then filled a small bucket up for her with water and she splashed in that for half an hour. Eventually we got too hot so came back inside where she made a ‘salad’ out of paper. We then played ‘Mums and Babies’ where I was the baby with a sore arm that needed taking to the doctors.
By now it was 5pm, this is where her ‘foul hour’ begins so I switched on her laptop. We looked on ebay for a new nappy (diaper) for 'Thingy'- Sophie picked a red Itti Bitti which looked lovely! She then wanted to do Beestar so we did one exercise before she announced she wanted Skype installed. I did this and we spent some time trying it out between sofas! She hooked up with daddy and had a chat with him.
It was then dinner, John fired up the BBQ and I made a Greek salad with Sophie’s help. It wasn’t very Greek in the end as Sophie ate most of the olives en route from the chopping board to the salad bowl. She ate very slowly as usual and proceeded to drop half her food on the floor. After dinner she swept up her mess, then helped tidy the garden.
At 7pm I took her upstairs whilst John did the dishes. She is now in bed sharing an Animal Ark book with daddy. I imagine she’ll be asleep by 8pm tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment