We spent the weekend at our friend's summer cottage. We drove 1½ hours west of Helsinki and then went in a boat to their island. There are 3 houses on the island all belonging to Kata's family. In true Finnish style we ate makarra (sausages) cooked on the grilli, paddled in the sea, had sauna, slept a bit, ate a lot and had a great time. There is no mains water and no electricity on the island, but seeing as there is 20 hours of daylight at the moment, that is not a problem!
I had a lovely weekend, I even played with Linnea who is 3. Linnea has a little dog called Papu. She kept trying to eat my food and I didn't want to share it. When we got back to our house, we went to see some more friends for another grilli session. I played lots with Merette and had even more fun. It was a very tiring weekend for everyone.
Here are some more photos from the weekend:
2 comments:
Looks like a lovely weekend! Sophie is so cute playing with her little friend - could they understand each other? Or does her friend speak English too?
This is my first time posting, hope it works! Sophie, it looks like you had a great time with your little friend. I love the cottage you stayed in, it is so beautiful! From, Taryn
Post a Comment