Thursday, 5 May 2011

My Kenya Holiday Diary

Here is the diary I had to write for school about my holiday.

Day 1
I am at the airport about to get dinner in Armadillo. We went to Boots to get toothbrushes and sunglasses for me.

Day 2
After sleeping on the airplane, we had breakfast before landing with a bump. We found out that Kenya is very poor. Then we went to room number 326. Next we went swimming and we got out the pool, I saw 1 lizard, 2 camels and a wasp in my drink!

Day 3
We woke up, had breakfast with 2 flies and I had omelette and 1.5 croissants. Next we went to the pool where we saw a dragon fly! Then we saw a camel who kissed me and headbutted me! The camels was called Charlie.

Day 4
It was an early start to the morning as we were on safari. Before that we had to have breakfast. Next we drove through the big and smelly streets of Mombasa to Tsavo East. We didn't see any lions, rhinos or cheetahs! After a second drive we saw elephants (lots), giraffe, zebra and lots of others (see page 18 for a list). Then we went back for dinner and a swim. Then we went to see the animals drinking hole, also called a water hole. We thought we saw a hippo, but it was really a water buffalo. On our way back to our room we saw 4 dung beetles and 1 landed in someones tea!!!

Day 5
First, it was an early start for another drive. We saw birds and animals by using binoculars. Then we saw a mummy lion which was the best bit. Next we headed back to Mombasa and had lunch. After that, we had a swim. But when we had dinner, I fell asleep on the table!

Day 6
It was raining when we woke up. Once the hot rained stopped, we had breakfast. Then me and mummy went on a glass bottomed boat to the coral reef where I fed the fish and mummy went diving. Next I saw parrot fish nibbling the boat and mummy made friends with 5 million zebra fish! We went back to the swimming pool, then we had lunch. After that we went across the road to a butterfly park where there were less butterflies than millipedes! We also saw monkeys, ants and 3 caterpillars.

Day 7
First we had breakfast before a swim. Mummy let me read a book which I finished. Then it was time for lunch. Next we got a taxi to Haller Park to feed giraffes which was fun. We also saw tortoises, monkeys, hippos and snakes. The tortoises were heavier than daddy, I know this because one climbed on a car and it took 8 men to get him off!

No comments: