Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Memory

Sophie:
My memory has always been good, here are two examples of it...

S: Do you remember when we last went to Amber's house?
Mummy: er, why?
S: Do you remember that we drove along the road to (local village)
Mummy: er
S: it was when Daddy didn't have his job and we passed him in the car by the tree with huge branches, he didn't see us so didn't wave
Mummy: er....
S: It was a Thursday

Mummy checked the photos from the last time we were at Amber's house- yes it was a Thursday...18 months ago!

S: You know my class had their coffee morning
Mummy: which coffee morning?
S: The one on the 22nd January 2010 at 10.30 in the morning
Mummy: (pretending) oh yes, that one, what about it....

When I was very little (age 18 months) I could remember where every piece of a 48pc jigsaw could go, I then learnt to read around the same age and just remembered the words- reading was easy to learn because I could memorise words easily!

No comments: